The Register Plus
As needed or every six months, minimum
WARNING! Before removing grill, turn the electrical power off at the electrical
panel board (circuit breaker or fuse box). Lock or tag the panel board door to
prevent someone from accidentally turning the power on while you are working
on the heater. Failure to do so could result in serious electrical shock, burns,
or possible death.
- Turn the heater thermostat all the way up and wait approximately 30 seconds.
- If the heater turns on, you have turned off the wrong circuit breaker at the breaker panel or fuse box.
- If heater does not turn on, proceed with removing grill.
- Remove screws and take off grill.
- Wash grill with hot soapy water and dry immediately.
- While holding fan (to avoid damage or bending), use a hair dryer or vacuum on blow cycle to blow debris through the top element.
- Vacuum fan area without touching the elements.
- Replace grill and secure with screws.
- Turn thermostat to desired setting.
- Turn power back on at the circuit breaker panel or fuse box.